The Hyatt Regency Crystal City is the official host hotel of the AUCD 2010 Conference.
2799 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, Virginia, USA 22202
Situated only four miles from historic Washington, DC, this hotel in Arlington, Virginia, offers free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport and guestrooms with contemporary amenities.
|View the Crystal City neighborhood here with Google Maps|
Overflow Hotel Reservations: Sunday-Wednesday only
Courtyard Marriott Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
2899 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22202
Room rate: $209/night
Nights available: Sunday, October 31 - Tuesday, Nov. 2
Reservation cut-off date: October 10
PLEASE NOTE - AUCD has only contracted with the Courtyard Marriott for Sunday - Wednesday nights at this hotel, NOT for Saturday or other dates as the Courtyard Marriott is sold out on Saturday. You can only book within Sunday - Wednesday nights for our contracted rate of $209 at the Courtyard Marriott.
- Reserve a room online here. The left-hand side of the page will automatically bring up the group code AUCAUCA and the negotiated rate of $209. Enter your arrival and departure dates and check availability.
- Reserve a room by phone: Call the reservations department at 1-888-236-2427 and ask for the Association of University Centers on Disabilities Room Block at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport.
Hyatt Regency Reservations
AUCD Conference Room Rate: $199/night: Sold Out
Deadline for Conference Rate: Friday October 8, 2010 at 5pmET
Rooms at the Hyatt Regency are currently SOLD OUT of rooms in the discounted AUCD block for Saturday-Wednesday nights. See below for overflow hotel options.
AUCD cannot guarantee group rate availability in the days leading up to this deadline. The AUCD group rate room block is not unlimited.
- Reserve a room online: visit https://resweb.passkey.com/go/AUCDMtg1010. Follow the prompts to choose your arrival and departure dates, room type, and other specifics. The AUCD room block is sold out; rooms may still be available at another rate.
- Reserve a room by phone: call (888) 421-1442 and indicate you are booking for the Hyatt Crystal City and the group Association of University Centers on Disabilities or G-AUCD.
- Reserve an accessible room: per our contract, the hotel is holding all of their ADA rooms within our room block. There are a limited number of these rooms, however, so please book early. The online reservation site does not provide space for specific details such as "roll-in shower", so please use the phone reservation process above to book an ADA room.
If you have questions or encounter problems in booking with the hotel, please contact Laura Martin at AUCD at 301-588-8252.
Hyatt Regency Disability Accomodations
The Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel is committed to meeting all of the requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act. Facilities for persons with disabilities include:
- Connecting rooms
- Braille symbols in elevators
- Restaurant/room service menus in Braille
- Seven rooms with roll-in showers
- Bathtub benches and grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible: doors, sink/vanity and towel racks, climate controls, peepholes, closet poles.
See the "reservations" section above for instructions on booking an accessible room.
Select "Transportation" at left to view information for regional airports, the Washington DC Metro (subway), airport shuttles, and local taxi contacts.
About Crystal City, VA
"Crystal City, Arlington's largest downtown, is transforming... alive with some of the city's hottest destination restaurants, a synergy of sidewalk cafes and diverse shopping. Premier offices and residential, world class hotels, shopping and inspired dining, all converge along tree lined streets, punctuated by parks filled with people. It's all here."
"Several of Arlington's largest hotels are in Crystal City, connected via the Crystal City Underground to Metro. Adjacent to Reagan National Airport and minutes from D.C. -featuring great shopping, dining and accommodations in an easily walkable downtown - Crystal City is not just smart...it's brilliant."
Too much of what we want for all still occurs only in pockets of excellence around the world - with leadership contributed by too few and constant pressures to compromise quality. Our collective next great challenge as the AUCD Network is Going to Scale through systematic efforts at expanding the scope, impact, quality, and reach of our practices.
There are few greater efficiencies in our field than building on the ideas of others, learning what to do and what not to do in developing programs, and gaining invaluable insights into what works and why. Attend the 2010 AUCD Annual Meeting and Conference and share in making what works accessible to all.