Celebrate by ensuring you and your family are prepared for an emergency. CDC has focused on children's preparedness for the past week. Learn some of the ways children's needs are unique in an emergency and how your family can prepare.
Location: Washington, DC
The 2014 AUCD Conference will be held at the Washington, DC, Renaissance Hotel.
- Emergency Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs
- Evacuating Populations with Special Needs - Routes to Effective Evacuation Planning Primer Series
Nobody Left Behind: Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Mobility Impairments
- Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs
Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act: Questions and Answers
Comprehensive Preparedness Guide 301 for Special Needs Populations
- Disaster Preparedness and People with Complex Communication Needs (CCN) Website
- ADA Guidelines from the U.S. Department of Justice on Sheltering for Mass Care
- Working with People with Disabilities- A Guide for Responders
"Ready" Instructional Videos from the US Department of Homeland Security
- Accommodating People with Disabilities in Disasters: A Reference Guide to Federal Law
Amendments to the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act
Text of the amendments to the Stafford Act of the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Bill for FY 2007 (HR 5441).
Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Bill Talking Points
CCD Emergency Management Task Force talking points on the disability-specific provisions of the Pos- Katrina Emergency Management Reform Bill.ccd emergency mgmt reform act talking points 092106.doc [download]